The Ottawa Area Intergroup of AA is looking for a Newsletter Coordinator. Monthly editions of “Our Primary Purpose” are to be compiled and published by a committee of volunteers to be set up by the Newsletter Coordinator.
– Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
– Basic working knowledge of Word Press
– Strong grammar and writing skills
– Clear understanding of AA Traditions and Concepts and how they apply in publishing AA material
– An ability to work with others
– Ability to establish and act as Chair for a Newsletter Committee that reports to the Board
– Legal capacity to sit as a member of the Board
– A Home Group
– A Sponsor
– Minimum of 5 years of sobriety
In keeping with AA Traditions, anyone can put their name forward for a position at an election. The person running has to be able to convey to the membership that they have the skills necessary to do the job.
If you are interested in standing for the Newsletter Coordinator position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or attend the next Intergroup Meeting on Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00 p.m. at the Bronson Centre (Mac Hall).